A notice to all our clients,
Together, we are facing a truly unprecedented situation. The global COVID-19 pandemic is affecting all of our families, our businesses, our communities, and our way of life.
First and foremost, our hearts go out to anyone who's been impacted by the virus, either directly or indirectly. Our thoughts are especially with those who are sick, to whom we extend our heartfelt wishes for a full recovery. And we're truly inspired by the selfless healthcare workers around the world who are on the front lines working tirelessly to care for people in need.
During this time, we will keep our clients updated on the measures we are putting in place to ensure the safety, and well-being of our clients and staff.
- For the time being, we will be stopping all routine property visits, these will be delayed until further notice.
- Viewings will still be going ahead but our staff will arrive, open the doors and allow you to view the property. (This shall be reviewed on a property by property basis, our vendor's comfortability is a priority, and we shall respect their wishes).
- We are working on the launch of Black + Blanc virtual tours, which will allow you to view your future homes from the comfort of your sofa.
- If any member of staff shows any signs of symptoms, they will be told to self-isolate along with any staff that have been in contact with any symptomatic person.
We are closely monitoring the Government, W.H.O and NHS updates, and if in the event we are asked to close our offices please be aware of the following:
- We will continue to operate with as little disruption to our clients.
- Our amazing team are working hard to ensure there will always be someone available for you to speak to, on the phone, or email with any enquiries.
- Our Lettings Management team will still be here to help you with any maintenance and rent enquiries for our clients.
In order to limit close contact we will be placing low priority maintenance issues (those that are non-essential or do not materially affect the use of the property or your health and safety) on hold for the time being. We would also request that maintenance issues are reported via phone or email.
If it is necessary to have maintenance work carried out at your property you may be asked about the general wellbeing of occupiers of the property and whether any occupiers are in isolation. This is so that all necessary precautions can be taken to protect you and others. Additionally, you may be asked to leave doors/windows open whilst the contractor attends and, if you are present at the property, you may be asked to remain in a separate room whilst the works are carried out. Once again, these measures are for your protection and we are grateful for your cooperation.
We have also recommended use of personal protection equipment by our contractors which may include, gloves, face mask and overalls.
In the event you or one of the occupiers of your property do contract Coronavirus we would be grateful if you could inform us immediately and provide your permission to notify relevant parties who may need to come in close contact with you or the property. May we also remind you that in line with government guidance, if you or one of the people you live with have symptoms of coronavirus (anyone with a new and persistent cough, and/or a high temperature), then all household members must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill.
We will continue to follow events carefully and take things one day at a time. For now, it is mainly business as usual and we will continue to do what we do best.
As we go forward, we’ll be sure to keep you updated, and know that we always value your questions, ideas and feedback.
Kunal Trehan, Kapil Kakar & Niven Toolan
Black + Black Co-Founders